King Fool Summer Think Tank Spectacle Parade
We are developing a summer education program, to begin in the summer of 2017.
We will tour a small professional show, in the fall of 2016, to schools in Vermont. We will offer workshops, network with students and mentors, and invite them to submit creative projects for a contest to win places in the summer company. Stipend/scholarships are granted to students who would not otherwise be able to participate. A dozen students, representing different towns and possessing different skills, gather with a group of teaching artists and work together to create an original traveling spectacle based on a classic play or well-known story or myth. This tours the state, including each of the student home towns.
- Our future needs brilliant, collaborative problem-solvers.
- The best learning happens while having fun.
- Young people can spread the word across barriers faster than anyone.
- To deepen young people’s entrepreneurial skills and their interest in their communities
and the world beyond.
- To create new communities of young people who have had hands-on experience of the
power of the creative process.
- To inspire the home communities of the students.
- To encourage conversations about important issues during all phases of the project.
- To provide training ground for future creative artists and teachers.